PR Rules

PR Rules
A blog about our adventures in the great, mad world of PR. Write your own story. Blog. Become. Get noticed. Share. Write on.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bye Bye Spreadable!

Dear Class,

Jazzed about "Spreadable" and their You-Tube video, I went to their website...but alas, they are out of business. http://spreadable.com/shutting-down/index.html

They JUST shut down six hours ago. Wow. See their Tweet below. I can't seem to find out why they went under...it would make for an interesting story. I will see if JetBlue still has the "spread the word" icon up on their website.

Spreadable
As of today,Spreadable will be shutting down & no longer accepting sign ups.Thank you to those who gave us a try! Info:

5 comments:

  1. How funny! I just checked out JetBlue's site and didn't see the "spread the word" icon.

    I also just read an interesting article on Facebook marketing, tweeted by the Wall Street Journal:

    http://on.wsj.com/g9AOoO

    I've wondered how the advertising works on Facebook, so this was helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what they mean by their P.S. statement... ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe they shut down already! I kind of thought it might catch on....maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Its weird that we just viewed it and then they shut down almost a week later... I wonder what happened? Maybe they realized you can't really control word of mouth?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it'll catch on alright. The folks at Grasshopper Group (Spreadable's parent) are great people and they know exactly what they're doing. It's not about 'controlling word of mouth'. It's about making it easy for customers to do it online and making it measurable. There's no awesome video (yet) but see http://www.skedtime.com/biz for a viable replacement to Spreadable.

    ReplyDelete